How to switch application to use when audo cd is inserted?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
saus

How to switch application to use when audo cd is inserted?

Post by saus »

Hi everyone.

I'm at loss here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on a newly installed Elyssa on a Dell Latitude D820.

Task at hand: run ripit (or any other application that can handle the following) whenever an audio cd is inserted to automagically and without interaction rip the cd to flac and eject it when finished.

I tried to set the preferred application (Elyssa menu -> Preferences -> Preferred Applications) for multimedia to custom with command "ripit -o /store/music -c 2 -q 8 -e --nointeraction", but still rythmbox pops up when I insert a audio cd. In gconf-editor I can see that the value for the key /desktop/gnome/applications/media/exec is as expected.

I've also tried to set /desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoplay_cda to true and .../autoplay_cda_command to what I want, but this does not seem to be used at all.

Elyssa menu -> Preferences -> Removable Drives and Media does not seem to have any settings for cd playing either. If my memory serves me, it used to be here in earlier gnome versions.

I don't know whether this is a problem in Hardy as well, but I've done some googling and couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance,
- SauS
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to switch application to use when audo cd is inserted?

Post by 67GTA »

Open your file browser(nautilus). Click on the edit button in the toolbar and select preferences. Then click on the media tab. The settings have been moved here.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
saus

Post by saus »

Thanks a lot. That explains.

I can't say I agree with the new location, but that's probably because I almost never use nautilus.

It also seems like I've lost the option to easily run a self-made script. I've looked around in gconf and can't find where these settings are stored. Do you have any idea where the settings are and how I can make my own option for these selection boxes?

Thanks,
- SauS
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I have no idea. I will have to dig around and see if I can find anything. Some of the settings have been depreciated in the gconf editor over the past couple of releases.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Return to “Sound”