can't log into live cd??

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaddy

can't log into live cd??

Post by kaddy »

Hi guys.
I've been using mint since Darnya on 2 pc's with no problems for a while now, I recently downloaded the new Elyssa
gnome version, it installed and works fine on my main computer. But i just tried to install it on my other pc which has darnya on it, and i can't get into
the desktop on the live cd for some reason. It keeps attempting to login in, then it gets into the desktop, and keeps logging out again and repeating the process.
What the heck can be causing this? and how could i possibly fix it? any ideas?

its not the burn, cause like i said its fine on my main computer, and darnya works fine on that pc, but i can't get into the desktop for longer than 2 seconds on elyssa.
arrghhhhh
helpppp :(
symon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: can't log into live cd??

Post by 67GTA »

Try booting in compatibility mode. Hit any key except enter before the timer counts down to reveal the boot options.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
kaddy

Re: can't log into live cd??

Post by kaddy »

i just noticed other people are having the same problem as me
ahwell, i don't feel so bad now :) hehe
i have tried all the fixes everybody has suggested but still no luck.
if anybody finds a way to fix this please let me know, i'll keep an eye out
aswell and post the solution when found to other people
thanx
symon

Return to “Installation & Boot”