Switch off / reboot options not to be found

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oerwouter

Switch off / reboot options not to be found

Post by oerwouter »

Hi,
I can't find any option to switch off in Mint Xfce. I remember having an button in the whisker menu that gave the options reboot, log out, switch off etc... But now I only have buttons (upper right of the menu) for log out and lock screen...,
I'd like to have the reboot, switch off etc options in the menu, anyone?
Tx W
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Switch off / reboot options not to be found

Post by austin.texas »

Mint 16? 13?
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
oerwouter

Post by oerwouter »

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

When I click on the "Log Out" button on the menu, it gives me a popup windows with 5 choices - Log Out, Reboot, Shutdown, Suspend and Hibernate.
Is it not doing the same for you?
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
oerwouter

Post by oerwouter »

No, system logs off immediatly, with a login screen I didn't have before (obviously I changed something before this occurred, but I don't remember what), with in the upper right a power symbol that gives the options to reboot etc (but I like this option directly without logging off first).
In the login area of this screen there is a button (configuration style button), when I click this a screen 'Select session' appears where I can choose the kind of session I want to start (Last, Xfce, Cinnamon and a few more).
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

My test of the menu "Log Out" button was with the Mint 16 xfce live DVD.
You may have changed the default behavior in some way. It is possible that you could uninstall the menu, and re-install, but you should hear from someone more experienced with xfce than I am on that possibility...
Linux Linx 2018
oerwouter

Post by oerwouter »

Ok thanks anyway for your help, maybe iĺl try reinstalling the menu.
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

In XFCE, go into Settings > Session and Startup
Then in the General tab make sure you have "Prompt on logout" checked.
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

You can also add the action button to your panel. I.e., right-click the panel -> panel -> add new item .

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Xfce”