[SOLVED] Trouble with you tube in F/fox 28

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
turtlebay777

[SOLVED] Trouble with you tube in F/fox 28

Post by turtlebay777 »

Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I've been using LMDE (201403) x32 Mate for about three weeks and prior to that for several years, Mint 7, 8, 9, 10 and 13 respectively, and prior to them even, ArtistX, so I'm not exactly a stranger to Linux.

But this is annoying me, when I watch a video in You Tube I sometimes use the add-on Download helper 4.9.22 to keep a copy for viewing later. However in the version of Firefox I'm using 28 I can't get download helper to download anything? I suppose You Tube (Google) would say we don't want you saving them, but has anyone here found a way around this problem please?

It works when I use it to download movies (via proxy) so it must be something to do with You Tube i would think?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hexdef101

Re: Trouble with you tube in F/fox 28

Post by hexdef101 »

Ok firstly You shouldn't be downloading "Movies" from youtube, Secondly, This is the wrong forum to be asking about downloading Copyrighted material. And thirdly issues with Firefox are the domain of Mozilla, not Linux Mint.That said I will answer the question, just as technical support.

Change your Firefox Addon to NetVideoHunter. Add it to the Add-On bar , When the NetVideoHunter addon stops flashing you can click on it and download the video.
turtlebay777

Re: Trouble with you tube in F/fox 28

Post by turtlebay777 »

hexdef101 wrote:Ok firstly You shouldn't be downloading "Movies" from youtube, .
Didn't mean I was downloading 'Movies' from You Tube, just instructional videos for later viewing.

An occasional video download I think does no harm especially when the mainstream retailers refuse to stock it so one can't even buy it if you want.

Also in this country (UK) our government have blocked all torrent downloads regardless of what they contain, so unless you use a proxy you can't even download Linux distros! :cry:
hexdef101

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble with you tube in F/fox 28

Post by hexdef101 »

well I suppose thats different. Sorry to hear about the torrent issue in the UK, Microsoft must love that.

Besides My comment was just a Disclaimer. I don't really care one way or the other what people download, but it has to be said anyway.
turtlebay777

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble with you tube in F/fox 28

Post by turtlebay777 »

Thanks, it was very useful.

The strange thing is though on another hdd I sometimes use Mint 10 Julia with F/fox 11, and the same add-on, Download Helper 4.9.22, it does download from You Tube. Guess it's either something in F/F 28 or the different kernel in LMDE.

Return to “LMDE Archive”