Wine/Crossover Office makes problems with Elyssa

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Wine/Crossover Office makes problems with Elyssa

Post by hoppel »

Another one of those problems which occurred to me after updating my Mint:
With Daryna I used Crossover Office for some software and had Office 2000 installed without any problem. It worked right out of the box, no problems so far. Now, after updating to Elyssa it doesn't work anymore. I could successfully install it, but every time I attempt to start it the question for the user information and the serial occurs again, although I already entered it during the installation process. It also doesn't accept any information then and quits the program.
I must admit, that apart from Elyssa also the rest of the software environment changed a bit, I now use a slightly newer version of WINE.

To add a simpler question than the one for the solution of that problem: I'd like to reinstall WINE to try it again, but every time I remove and install it again the preferences doesn't seem to be deleted. Since the configuration might be the cause for that problem I'd like to delete every part of WINE completely from my system to install again from the scratch. Does anybody know how to do that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Wine/Crossover Office makes problems with Elyssa

Post by Husse »

I hope I can tell you how to completely remove Wine
You could use apt(itude) but perhaps Synaptic is easier
You can mark for complete removal - do that
Then open your home folder and set it to show hidden folders. There is probably (still) a Wine folder there....
As you assume this is perhaps necessary for your office2000, but there I don't have any answers
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Post by hoppel »

I already tried that, but after reinstalling all preferences are still existing. There seem to be more files belonging to WINE then only the .wine directory in Home.
Husse

Post by Husse »

And you selected "Complete removal"?
If so with Wine "gone"

Code: Select all

sudo updatedb
then

Code: Select all

locate -i  wine*
Perhaps you find something - it searches the whole disk - or rather the database you updated just before

Return to “Software & Applications”