Reordering Taskbar Items [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
heshchet

Reordering Taskbar Items [SOLVED]

Post by heshchet »

I'm using Linux Mint 16 with Xfce desktop. My laptop specs are in my signature.

I'm aware that it's possible to reorder status bar items in the taskbar. But is it possible to reorder or drag-and-drop tabs on the taskbar? I like certain program tabs to be in certain positions on the taskbar. For example, I like Firefox and Thunderbird to be the first two tabs, but instead the tabs seem to be automatically alphabetically ordered.

http://i.imgur.com/pHShs0m.png (more than 320 pixels)

If Xfce doesn't allow reordering of tabs, are there other desktop environments that do allow it? Is there a program I could download that allows me to reorder the tabs any which way? This is pretty important to me, and I would be willing to change to Mate or some other Linux Mint manager just for this function.
Last edited by SMG on Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Locking old topic.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Reordering Taskbar Items

Post by altair4 »

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing but do you mean when you open an application?

Right click the panel > Panel > Panel Preferences > Items
Select "Window Buttons" then the little edit icon thingy on the right

For "Sorting order" change "Group title and timestamp" to "None, allow drag and drop"
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
heshchet

Re: Reordering Taskbar Items

Post by heshchet »

altair4 wrote:I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing but do you mean when you open an application?

Right click the panel > Panel > Panel Preferences > Items
Select "Window Buttons" then the little edit icon thingy on the right

For "Sorting order" change "Group title and timestamp" to "None, allow drag and drop"
Thank you!!! That did it!
Patrick27
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Reordering Taskbar Items [SOLVED]

Post by Patrick27 »

8 years later, and it's still the fix!

October 16, 2022, it fixed it for my Linux Mint XFCE 21 Vanessa.

Return to “Xfce”