AWN applets

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gregbzh
Level 1
Level 1

AWN applets

Post by gregbzh »

Hello. I'm trying out Linux Mint on a second PC and have been an Ubuntu user for several years. For some reason I can't seem to get AWN applets to work in Mint, although I got them working no worries in Ubuntu Hardy. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kayakaholic

Re: AWN applets

Post by kayakaholic »

Have you installed the applets deb aswell? I believe there are two debs to install, the base awn package, and the one which contains all the applets.
gregbzh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gregbzh »

Thanks for the reply. No I haven't installed the applets deb? Where can I find it?

Thanks. Appreciate your help.
mince'n'tatties

Post by mince'n'tatties »

Hi ,this is how I installed awn and applets.

First things first, open a terminal then copy and paste away.

Code: Select all

echo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/reacocard-awn/ubuntu hardy main'  |  sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

echo 'deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/reacocard-awn/ubuntu hardy main'  |  sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
then,

sudo apt-get update
and finally.....

sudo apt-get install avant-window-navigator-bzr awn-core-applets-bzr awn-manager-bzr
I hope this helps :D .
gregbzh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gregbzh »

Excellent. Thanks a lot. :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”