Play movies direct from ISO?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
martinfromdublin
Level 2
Level 2

Play movies direct from ISO?

Post by martinfromdublin »

I just installed Daemon Tools in my XP partition and found it can play movies direct off ISO images of the DVD's by just mounting the image (the DVD playback software then believes it to be a physical disc and treats as such) and I'd love to do the same in LinuxMint as Mint is great for making ISO's.

Is there anything I can download through either Synaptic or the Software Portal that will do the job?

martin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Play movies direct from ISO?

Post by Zwopper »

My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
martinfromdublin
Level 2
Level 2

I'm afraid that's a bit too complicated for me, is there anything I can download that works like Daemon Tolls? IE: point and click?

Martin
iandefor

Post by iandefor »

martinfromdublin wrote:I'm afraid that's a bit too complicated for me, is there anything I can download that works like Daemon Tolls? IE: point and click?

Martin
It shouldn't be too complicated to do that at all, actually. Most of that post is explaining how the script works. If you put the script (thing between blockquotes) into a file in ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts, and run chmod +x [file] on the file it should be enabled in the Scripts context menu when you right-click a file.
-al-

Post by -al- »

If you install VLC player you can play '.iso' files straight off your HDD with no need to mount/burn them
martinfromdublin
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Al, I have VLC already and didn't realise it could do that (colours are a bit unstable though...). Thanks a million!

Martin
JpBя
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JpBя »

Take a look at this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/acetoneiso2/
It works very much like daemon tools, in that it mounts the image as a disc. It lets you mount and play movies with a couple of clicks, and lets you use another player if you want.

Return to “Software & Applications”