Configure the Numbers of CPU-Cores

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
inl1ner
Level 1
Level 1

Configure the Numbers of CPU-Cores

Post by inl1ner »

I have installed Mint Petra in "Windows 8.1 Hyper-V," which lasted several hours.
As a default 1 CPU has been established.
Because my PC has a 8-core CPU, I want to change this setting, but I found no menu to do so.

I tried to search the forum for the topic "cpu settings", however the term CPU was constantly
ignored so that only "settings" left over, which of course gave unacceptable results:
(Search found 37377 matches: cpu settings - ignored: cpu ).

Is there a solution to both problems ?

Regards
inl1ner
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Configure the Numbers of CPU-Cores

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here as I think you are running Linux Mint as a guest on a Windows host? I'd expect you'd configure the virtualized resources on the host OS, or have you installed something on Linux Mint to be able to do that? Looking up how Hyper-V handles virtualized CPUs, I think you have some reading to do as you're not understanding how Hyper-V does this: http://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/hyper-v-v ... explained/

As for your search problem, please just use your preferred Internet search engine. Add the search term "site:linuxmint.com" to limit search results to the Linux Mint websites. All major search engines support that. That way you can also use the advanced options your search engine gives you for limiting your search results further.

For example, search for "cpu settings site:linuxmint.com" on Google or DuckDuckGo.

But as explained, you won't find relevant result with that as you're going about this the wrong way. Configure Hyper-V. if you need help with that, probably there is some Hyper-V users' forum?
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

you could use virtualbox instead:
https://www.virtualbox.org/
arunarmstrong

Post by arunarmstrong »

thanks i needed that help to :D
inl1ner
Level 1
Level 1

Post by inl1ner »

Thanks at all !

I'm using virtualbox or Mint 16 ...

Regards
inl1ner
arunarmstrong

Post by arunarmstrong »

inl1ner wrote:Thanks at all !

I'm using virtualbox or Mint 16 ...

Regards
inl1ner
the same. does anyone know how to install usb software for virtalbox on mint 16 so i can use my usb's on another os?
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

in Virtualbox > Settings > System item > Processor tab.
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

xsog wrote: the same. does anyone know how to install usb software for virtalbox on mint 16 so i can use my usb's on another os?
if you mean how do you use a USB device with virtualbox, all I can remember is you need to put the host user into a group called vboxusers or something. i think there is a Spatry video on YouTube about this.
arunarmstrong

Post by arunarmstrong »

BlackVeils wrote:
xsog wrote: the same. does anyone know how to install usb software for virtalbox on mint 16 so i can use my usb's on another os?
if you mean how do you use a USB device with virtualbox, all I can remember is you need to put the host user into a group called vboxusers or something. i think there is a Spatry video on YouTube about this.
could you put a link for it here?
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

xsog wrote:
BlackVeils wrote:
could you put a link for it here?
good video:
https://youtu.be/NgYA7F4PR5k

https://youtu.be/rK6AmWKcsaA

Return to “Open Chat”