Glitch with the Software Manager prevents installing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TheObserver

Glitch with the Software Manager prevents installing

Post by TheObserver »

Glitch with the Software manager prevents installing anything.

A double click on the desired program doesn't do anything.
For example, I click on "googleearth" nothing happens, I never get to see the screen that lets me download and install the package.

Same problem occurs with applets, desklets and themes. But these applications work fine once in a while
A restart or two does the trick, just not with the Software Manager.

Now I think it's not a big deal since I can install software from the console, but I'd like to see that working again.

I run LMDE, the OS was installed last week and I have never done anything that could've broken any of these applications, yet.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Glitch with the Software Manager prevents installing

Post by Monsta »

TheObserver wrote:For example, I click on "googleearth" nothing happens, I never get to see the screen that lets me download and install the package.
Yes, this is a known bug: when you click on an uninstallable package (with broken dependencies; googleearth is an example of such package), nothing happens, and mintInstall ceases to function after that.
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

too bad! So what's the fix?
There is not a single package at all that is clickable, is it gonna stay that way?
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

if you prefer gui you can use synaptic. you can also use apt-get, apt, or aptitude to install it via terminal command.
TheObserver

Post by TheObserver »

I've got Mint 17 now, now everything works just fine

Return to “LMDE Archive”