apparmor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eeezzzeee

apparmor

Post by eeezzzeee »

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good (understandable) tutorials or links for using apparmor. I did a forum search but nothing relavant came back. I did a google search and found the apparmor homepage, but while looking through the documentation I became a little confused. Basically I want to learn how to use apparmor to secure firefox, and maybe more programs later on. It seems like browser/website vulnerabilties are becoming more and more common, and I would like to try to minimize damage if I ever run into a problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: apparmor

Post by rivenought »

The best info I have seen on AppArmor has been on the openSUSE / Novell site. They even have downloadable PDF guides. Check those out and see what you may wish to integrate into your system. With AppArmor being more enterprise-class, you may find info on the Red Hat site, as well. There is plenty of info out there, just probably not Linux Mint-specific. Good luck.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/ope ... index.html
eeezzzeee

Re: apparmor

Post by eeezzzeee »

Thanks for the reply,
I did end up checking out there site, but until I understand a little more about linux and what is going on with apparmor I think I will just run virtualbox and a linux distro inside with a browser for general browsing, especially sites I'm not familiar with. I know I'm probably paranoid, but it just seems like I've been reading an increasing number of stories lately about comprimised websites, legitimate big name sites, that have been hacked and uploaded with malicious things.

Return to “Software & Applications”