Can't get application to autostart

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Clipper

Can't get application to autostart

Post by Clipper »

Would really appreciate some help with this one.

Mint 4.0

I have dssi-vst setup and working which I use to launch one specific VST.

I can open a terminal and run

vsthost myvst.dll

Launches fine. I set up a desktop icon with the above and it launches fine too but no matter what I do I can't get it to autostart regardless of what I put in

Preferences / Sessions / Startup

I've added the above command line, created a script which also works from the command line but not in Startup. I've launched the vst and saved my session but no joy there either so now I'm out of ideas.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rbanavara

Re: Can't get application to autostart

Post by rbanavara »

not sure where ro check for errors for startup programs...

But you can do this:

write a script to include

vsthost myvst.dll 2> some.log.file

and include this in session startup. Probably then you might be able to find the error.
Fred

Re: Can't get application to autostart

Post by Fred »

Clipper,

Does this application run in a terminal? If it does you would have to call the terminal program in autostart with the command appended for the script you are trying to run.

A KDE example:

konsole -e bakclean

This opens a knonsole and runs the script "bakclean"

You would use something similar in Gnome except with gnome-terminal instead of konsole.

Fred

Return to “Beginner Questions”