[Solved] Changing Mint view in VirtualBox

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dnmint

[Solved] Changing Mint view in VirtualBox

Post by dnmint »

I have installed Mint in VBox ( XP host & Mint Elyssa guest). I am having a good experience of using & more so LEARNING Linux.
When I Power on VBox I used to get VBox window ( with Machine Devices etc in top Left corner). Mint used to be a Window within this.
As part of my experimenting I opted for Seamless loading once. Now Mint is loaded but I cant get into VBox background as before.
I saw something like Host+ A, Host + S, Host + L etc options before. I do not know how to activate them
Any advice as to how I can get back. It would help me to use the devices menu for 'Shared Files' etc options
Thanks in advance :?: :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Changing Mint view in VirtualBox

Post by Husse »

I think you should ask at the Virtualbox site
There is somewhere, possibly in this forum, a description for how to mix XP or Vista seamlessly with Linux which seems to be what you have done. I don't find it now though
Andy Mack

Re: Changing Mint view in VirtualBox

Post by Andy Mack »

Right ctrl and L is what your after I think.
Husse

Re: [Solved] Changing Mint view in VirtualBox

Post by Husse »

I don't use wine - never even installed it so perhaps I should shut up :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”