MD13 - Keyring Password and Evolution! (Solved) ;)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Chrisnz

MD13 - Keyring Password and Evolution! (Solved) ;)

Post by Chrisnz »

Small but nuisance value. Recently after startup - Evo set for auto startup with Firefox - I get the Keyring Password default 'required' box come up!? Now as this system is a fairly recent install,(4 mths) this has only just occurred. Firstly - Why?

Now if I dont see this box come up and have other screens open, then I only notice that Evo has failed to get email and then I start looking for the Keyring password required again... I dont think this is effecting Firefox? Also for some reason the system/option to 'remember this password next time' is grayed out and only the "time options" are avail - so its required every time i startup. :?

Is this a common issue with Mate? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: MD13 - Keyring Password and Evolution!

Post by remoulder »

Please provide output of

Code: Select all

inxi -S
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Chrisnz

Post by Chrisnz »

System: Host mintdebian Kernel 3.2.0-3-486 i686 (32 bit) Distro LinuxMint 1 debian
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

Try running the following code in a terminal, then log out and log back in. It will run almost instantly and show no output, just a return to the blinking cursor.

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i 's/gnome_keyring/mate_keyring/g' /etc/pam.d/*
Chrisnz

Post by Chrisnz »

Hi 'Squeezy'

Yeh that did it. Opened up a terminal, pasted the line, got the required password question for Sudo options etc as admin, had no output, logged out and in. Got the same "a program requires a default keyring password to run" etc... but this time I had the options ALL available. So I could then select - 'Auto remember the password for keyrings every time your signed in" Logged out and back in - No repeat of Keyrings locked etc.

Thanks very much that's great.
:D

Consider this post closed.
Chrisnz

Re: MD13 - Keyring Password and Evolution! (Solved) ;)

Post by Chrisnz »

Believe it or not - same problem - this time with "Petra" - Mint16 version. loaded 1 week ago

Trying the same fix.
Last edited by Chrisnz on Mon May 26, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisnz

Petra!! - Keyring Password and Evolution!

Post by Chrisnz »

This time I have the emails come up with requesting the passwords for the keyring etc and they seem to have saved ok.

However still getting different window popup

"Enter password for keyring 'Default keyring' to unlock
An application wants access to the keyring 'Default keyring', but it is locked

Lock or remember keyrings on start up is available now however... How do i reset this one?

And none of the passwords I thought i had used will work. May start a new thread - subject to response or other finds in the forums. Will try and post here.

Thanks
Last edited by Chrisnz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisnz

Re: MD13 - Keyring Password and Evolution! (Solved) ;)

Post by Chrisnz »

Seems to have resloved itself over time and updates etc.

Consider post closed.... well almost - upgraded to LM17 and same problem still presents itself. See my other post. :(

Return to “LMDE Archive”