changing login screen using commandline

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sennachie

changing login screen using commandline

Post by sennachie »

hi,

I recently installed elyssa.

When it boots an error appears. cant load celene theme. (not exact message but a translation.)

It then defaults to a really ugly blue login screen.

I want to change this and apply a theme i can work with.

The login manager refuses to save my changes when i click on a new display then press close.

What command will do this on commandline
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: changing login screen using commandline

Post by 67GTA »

Did you try selecting a theme a second time? there was a Ubuntu bug causing this:

Upstream issues:

* GDM: It takes a while to open the "Login Window" configuration tool. Just be patient, it will come up eventually.
* GDM: In "Login Window", if you select another theme.. even though it will tell you everything is fine, it will actually select to show other themes randomly. Open "Login Window" again and set the theme again.

Also check at the top of the login manager window to make sure it says "Selected Only" in the Theme section instead of "Random From Selected".
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
sennachie

Re: changing login screen using commandline

Post by sennachie »

fixed it by renaming my theme files.

now if only i can get a remastered edition to install.

Return to “Software & Applications”