Question...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlanWalker

Question...

Post by AlanWalker »

Mint's LMDE 201403 (64bit Cinnamon) does not have a directory named plymouth in /lib; do other editions of Mint have that directory in /lib?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Question...

Post by Kalyk »

Checked LM17-64 Cinnamon and it has a directory Plymouth.
Don't know the importance of that though :?:
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.
AlanWalker

Post by AlanWalker »

Kalyk wrote:Checked LM17-64 Cinnamon and it has a directory Plymouth.
Don't know the importance of that though :?:
I am hunting the cause of this problem.

I am using LMDE and I *don't* have the directory named /lib/plymouth on my system, yet starpar on my system attempted a start of plymouth.

It appears that plymouth provides services for mdm (Mint's windows manager) in all editions of Mint except LMDE.

Yours is the first response to my open question (I've sent several PMs to others who've had this error - the one reply to date says he *is* using LMDE) and, as a Mint user not using LMDE, you have the directory /lib/plymouth.

Good to know, and its consistent with my working hypothesis.

Thanks for your reply.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kalyk »

Mint 17-32 Cinnamon and Mate have it too.
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.
AlanWalker

Post by AlanWalker »

Kalyk wrote:Mint 17-32 Cinnamon and Mate have it too.
Two instances of LMDE don't have /lib/plymouth and three instances of Mint's regular editions do.

I continue to look.

Thanks,
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ron_h »

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit

I don't have /lib/plymouth either. What I do have is an error message I can't read (the screen clears too quickly) about Plymouth during the shutdown process. I've looked at some of the log files, and the only references I can find are in daemon.log and are of this format :

Code: Select all

Jun 24 22:41:16 home-1 mdm[16652]: WARNING: Plymouth is running, asking it to stop...
Jun 24 22:41:16 home-1 mdm[16652]: WARNING: Plymouth stopped
There are several instances like that

Ron

Return to “Software & Applications”