Make Firefox compatible with Elyssa color schemes?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Make Firefox compatible with Elyssa color schemes?

Post by hoppel »

I really like some of the new Elyssa color schemes. Right now I'm using a modified "Wildmint" and I'm quite satisfied. But there's still one annoying thing: some used dark colors are used by various software in a way that makes it hard to use. One positive example would be OpenOffice, which is influenced but offers the opportunity to modify the colors inside the program. Otherwise You'd have a dark grey page to write on.
The negative example seems to be Firefox, where some switches are shown in dark grey with light grey fonts on it. It's very difficult to read because of the low contrast. Therefore I'm searching for a solution which enhances that contrast. I think it's difficult to find a solution for that very skin, but maybe there's a possibility inside Firefox as it is inside OpenOffice?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Make Firefox compatible with Elyssa color schemes?

Post by hoppel »

in firefox, click on edit at the top and select preferences. click on the content tab, and under fonts & colours, click colours. you should be able to change the setings to your pleasure.]
That doesn't help, because you cannot define all colors used by Firefox there. You can define text and background colors as well as the colors of links. But I'd like to change the background color of drop down menus for instance... Look at the attachment.
Last edited by hoppel on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gpd330

Post by gpd330 »

I have the same problem makes it very hard to read drop downs etc...... Don't know the answer but hope some on posts one. Let me know if you have solved this.

Thanks,
Dave
anonymouse

Post by anonymouse »

Without this fix the dark themes are just less than useless. any ideas??
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Post by hoppel »

Maybe there's a way to configure Firefox to use own colors instead of the system colors? I noticed that in Opera everything looks fine...

Return to “Software & Applications”