Help with wine (text is symbols)

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fernern

Help with wine (text is symbols)

Post by fernern »

Hi, I'm having lots of trouble getting wine to work properly with a game I got on GOG
the game is Treasure Adventure game, and whenever I try to interact with a character this happens: http://imgur.com/IuO90Io
I have no idea how to fix it. I've installed all the fonts I have on my windows PC (where the game works fine) and still nothing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Booman

Re: Help with wine (text is symbols)

Post by Booman »

whoa, that definitely looks like a font problem.
Are you using Wine alone or a frond end like PlayOnLinux?

Did you install package: ia32-libs

I use PlayOnLinux the majority of the time and I can install font packages like corefonts, registered fonts, tahoma, etc
if you are using Wine alone, then you will need to try installing them with winetricks
fernern

Post by fernern »

this problem was fixed by updating wine to the latest version (1.7.19). I had version 1.6.2 which didn't have the patch on it. Thanks for your help, everyone!
Booman

Post by Booman »

Awesome, thanks for posting that it was solved

Return to “Gaming”