Multi-Boot

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Branta
Level 2
Level 2

Multi-Boot

Post by Branta »

I want to set up grub without having to do a clean Mint 5 install. How do I do it?

I am installing Mint 5 to clean up grub

I want to set the multi-boot with grub without having to do a clean install each time.

---
Bob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: Multi-Boot

Post by Fred »

Branta,

Sorry, but you need to give me more to go on. What do you currently have and what do you want to wind up with.

Please explain the problem a bit better.

Fred
Branta
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Multi-Boot

Post by Branta »

I did the normal install of Mint 5 as I did with 4 and earlier. I boot using grub

/ for Mint is on hdb8 and the mbr is at hda0

I want to run something in Mint (terminal or a GUI) that creates /boot/grub/menu.lst

Currently I have 6 Linux distro's I multi-boot. Each has it's own / and /home; nothing is shared.

I have pasted earlier copies of menu.lst onto /boot/grub/menu.lst It works, but it is not a suitable way to manage it.

I want to run from terminal or a GUI to create /boot/grub/menu.lst for the boot loader as the installer does. I want to do it without having to install Mint 5 each time.

---
Bob

Return to “Installation & Boot”