Rolling and Point

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
AlanWalker

Rolling and Point

Post by AlanWalker »

I'm trying to get a handle on the differences a rolling-release and a point-release; while the difference would seem to be obvious I've come to these questions: isn't someone who's following/running Debian's Sid actually engaged in something of a "rolling release", and are those who follow/run Debian's Testing actually using a semi-rolling release and, finally, in Debian, is or is not Stable the only point-release (excluding backports)?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Rolling and Point

Post by wayne128 »

AlanWalker wrote:isn't someone who's following/running Debian's Sid actually engaged in something of a "rolling release",

I know my Debian xfce sid is rolling.. for a long time.
:lol:
AlanWalker

Post by AlanWalker »

wayne128 wrote:
AlanWalker wrote:isn't someone who's following/running Debian's Sid actually engaged in something of a "rolling release",

I know my Debian xfce sid is rolling.. for a long time.
:lol:
No breaks? :)
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

isn't someone who's following/running Debian's Sid actually engaged in something of a "rolling release", and are those who follow/run Debian's Testing actually using a semi-rolling release and, finally, in Debian, is or is not Stable the only point-release (excluding backports)?
sid is rolling. testing is also rolling but it has slower pace than debian sid. it also lots more stable than sid. as for the final question, no. debian have stable and old-stable. the old stable still get support for debian.
AlanWalker

Post by AlanWalker »

kurotsugi wrote:
isn't someone who's following/running Debian's Sid actually engaged in something of a "rolling release", and are those who follow/run Debian's Testing actually using a semi-rolling release and, finally, in Debian, is or is not Stable the only point-release (excluding backports)?
sid is rolling. testing is also rolling but it has slower pace than debian sid. it also lots more stable than sid. as for the final question, no. debian have stable and old-stable. the old stable still get support for debian.
Clear answer, thank you.

Return to “LMDE Archive”