Newer sotware

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
majest

Newer sotware

Post by majest »

Please can you add this software to the repositories for LMDE. They are not available with UP8. Thanks.

1. octave 3.81 (or later)
2. palemoon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Newer sotware

Post by wayne128 »

majest wrote:Please can you add this software to the repositories for LMDE. They are not available with UP8. Thanks.

2. palemoon

It is very easy to either run Palemoon linux or install with its installer.

This way, you can have both Palemoon and Firefox running
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

majest wrote:Please can you add this software to the repositories for LMDE. They are not available with UP8. Thanks.

You can take it from Debian Testing repo: https://packages.debian.org/jessie/octave
majest

Post by majest »

wayne128 wrote:

2. palemoon

It is very easy to either run Palemoon linux or install with its installer.

This way, you can have both Palemoon and Firefox running
I just installed Palemoon as you suggested - it works nicely, thank you! One remaining problem is getting the shortcuts and icons in the menus. With repo installation, these are done automatically.

I prefer XFCE over MATE but either way the "Main Menu" editor is hopeless.
majest

Post by majest »

killer de bug wrote:

You can take it from Debian Testing repo: https://packages.debian.org/jessie/octave
Thanks - I have now done this. I guess I did it the wrong way since I now have a broken system (there are conflicts when I try and install other programs - such as gnome-games). Everything works OK for now but I will need to do it again.

What I did was put the debian jessie repo in my sources.list and then used dpkg and gfedi to resolve the dependencies. Is that wrong?
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

majest wrote: What I did was put the debian jessie repo in my sources.list and then used dpkg and gfedi to resolve the dependencies. Is that wrong?
Yes, you should have use apt to handle this. It would have shown you which packages are conflicting. :?

Return to “LMDE Archive”