Where can i learn how to use Mint?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miket

Re: Where can i learn how to use Mint?

Post by miket »

Hi Deadly !
deadlySniper wrote:I have been trying to find a place to learn how to use mint. Also what is Mint based off of - Ubuntu?
Well you've finally found the perfect place !
With Mint installed on your PC and the great crowd here you are onto a winner !

So, what do you want to do with Linux Mint today ?

Mike.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eeezzzeee

Post by eeezzzeee »

Is your question related to Linux Mint specifically or is it related to linux in general? I always read people say just jump in to learn, which for the most part I fully agree with, as problems come up or you have questions, you can always jump online to a forum or google and find the answers to them, which goes a long way to learning. My problem is that so many things work so well with Mint, I don't know what I should do to try and learn further. I got a general linux book to read, but haven't really gotten into it yet. Learning to "use" Mint isn't hard at all, its a great distro, very simple to get up and running. To get into more complicated things you might be better off asking where you could learn more about Linux in general.
Fred

Post by Fred »

deadlySniper,

Read, read, and read some more. :-)

Here is a good place to start. Look in the wiki and read all the articles there. Then go to the how-to section and read everything there. Then start tracking frequent posters of this forum. You will be surprised how much you can learn just by reading about other's problems and the solutions that surface. It won't take long before you know who's posts have the most meat in them.

That should keep you busy for a day or two. :-)

Fred

Return to “Beginner Questions”