LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jiml

LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Post by jiml »

I have had issues with LMDE taking 5-6 mins to shutdown it just seemed to stop as if waiting for something to happen, it would eventually shutdown. Also happened on reboot.

Yesterday I had to add an item into the Startup Applications Preferences of System Settings (why are there two of these?) and while I was there I checked to see if there was anything that didn't need to be run and found two programs that weren't even installed anymore, so I removed them. When I then rebooted the PC the delay had disappeared.

Really don't understand why this should be.

Jim!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nobodynoze

Re: LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Post by nobodynoze »

jiml wrote:I have had issues with LMDE taking 5-6 mins to shutdown it just seemed to stop as if waiting for something to happen, it would eventually shutdown. Also happened on reboot.

Yesterday I had to add an item into the Startup Applications Preferences of System Settings (why are there two of these?) and while I was there I checked to see if there was anything that didn't need to be run and found two programs that weren't even installed anymore, so I removed them. When I then rebooted the PC the delay had disappeared.

Really don't understand why this should be.

Jim!
It takes forever to boot up, too. :)
woodsman

Re: LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Post by woodsman »

Look at this post to provide yourself a way of finding the problem.
why are there two of these?
Do you have both Cinnamon and Mate installed?

Return to “LMDE Archive”