Gedit in terminal gives error messages [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Gedit in terminal gives error messages [SOLVED]

Post by ron_h »

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit

When I invoke gedit in a terminal, I get error messages, and I don't like error messages. As best I can see, the gedit session updates the files concerned. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the error messages ?

Code: Select all

sudo gedit -some system file -
[sudo] password for ron: 

** (gedit:6816): WARNING **: Could not load Gedit repository: Typelib file for namespace 'GtkSource', version '3.0' not found

(gedit:6816): Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

(gedit:6816): Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
Ron
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Gedit in terminal gives error messages

Post by Monsta »

The main purpose of GTK's warning and error messages is to irritate people who don't like any warnings.
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Gedit in terminal gives error messages

Post by ron_h »

Then GTK was successful.

I will try to be calm when I next see such messages. However the old story of the boy crying 'Wolf' comes to mind, and I hope I don't ignore real, meaningful error messages :-(

Ron

Return to “LMDE Archive”