Firefox without title bar? And problem with Ctrl key

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kyrios

Firefox without title bar? And problem with Ctrl key

Post by kyrios »

Hello,

Does anyone knows a way to remove/hide the title bar in Firefox (at least when it's in full screen) ?
I tried a few extentions, most of the not working... only "Hide Caption Titlebar Plus" works more or less but the result doesn't look very nice (for example it doesn't handle the "round" corners so the window look a bit weird)

I have another problem with Firefox, when I am in a form and I press the CTRL key, the cursor looses the focus, this is sometimes annoying.
A very good example is on https://www.twitter.com once you're logged in, try paste a text from the clipboard using CTRL-V in the field for writing a new tweet.
This also causes some problems with KeePassX for the "Global Auto-Type Shortcut": chosed CTRL-M and I have to press the "M" key 2 times very fast while holding the CTRL key otherwise it doesn't work. (Even now on this forum while typing the message, when I press the CTRL key, I see the thin black border of the field on which I'm typing that disappear while I'm pressing the CTRL key).

I'm running on Mint 17 Cinnamon 64-bit / Firefox 30.0 for Linux Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyrios

Re: Firefox without title bar? And problem with Ctrl key

Post by kyrios »

Up

... nobody?
wheeledgoat

Post by wheeledgoat »

F11 should hide the title bar...

donno about the CTRL key. maybe somehow conflicting with some window/desktop switching shortcuts? but what do I know.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

With fluxbox window manager you put this (the 'Deco' line) in your ~`/.fluxbox/apps file:

Code: Select all

[app] (name=Navigator) (class=Firefox) (role=browser)
  [Deco]    {0x6}
  [Maximized]   {yes}
[end]
Which window manager / desktop environment are you using?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
kyrios

Post by kyrios »

Hello,

Desktop environment: Cinnamon 2.2
Firefox 30
CarlPH

Post by CarlPH »

The easiest way I found is to use a firefox extension Hide Caption Titlebar Plus

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -plus-sma/

The only drawback I found is that the close [x] button on the upper right of the firefox window will close tabs, instead of closing all firefox windows. Other than
that its great!

Return to “Software & Applications”