[SOLVED] sigmatel audio

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dnmint

[SOLVED] sigmatel audio

Post by dnmint »

My laptop has sigma tel audio.
I find that pc speakers function but not input device like microphone. Seek advice about configuring the sound devices
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: sigmatel audio

Post by Husse »

sigmatel is a bit uncommon
Run lspci in a terminal and post the result (preferably using the code option) so we know better what you have
dnmint

Post by dnmint »

Husse wrote:sigmatel is a bit uncommon
Run lspci in a terminal and post the result (preferably using the code option) so we know better what you have
Here are the results
dnmint@dnmint-laptop ~ $ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] (rev 02)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
00:01.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter
00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 40)
00:04.0 System peripheral: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Guest Service
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:06.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo/Intrepid USB
00:07.0 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 08)
00:0b.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller
dnmint@dnmint-laptop ~ $

What is the code option? How do I get it?
Thanks a lot
Husse

Post by Husse »

The code option - press the code button when you write the message - saves space for with long lists
You have an old AC97 - it should work
I have to mark this and come back to you
Husse

Post by Husse »

440FX - that's old :)
Have you checked all settings in audio - opened the volume control and checked that microphone does not have a red cross (double click the speaker next to the clock)
dnmint

Post by dnmint »

Husse wrote:440FX - that's old :)
Have you checked all settings in audio - opened the volume control and checked that microphone does not have a red cross (double click the speaker next to the clock)
I have done them. I am not clear what systems I should select in Control Panel > Sound or Multimedia systems. On clicking Test not getting anything
Thanks
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you open the volume control
under File > Change device
That may help

Return to “Hardware Support”