Looking for a good video editor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ClutchDisc

Looking for a good video editor

Post by ClutchDisc »

Hi guys, first off not sure this is the best place to post this or not, but here goes..

I'm looking for a good fairly simple video editor. This is all I need it to do: Work with mp4 files (preferred), amplify, cut, and export to a file format that is youtube compatible. I've searched and searched, tried a few (Openshot, Kdenlive) but didn't find something that would work for my needs. It seemed that those wanted to only export to a project file type, not something like mp4. Maybe I didn't find the features that I needed on those programs, in which case I'd try them again if someone can point me to how to use it!

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClutchDisc

Re: Looking for a good video editor

Post by ClutchDisc »

Thanks for the links, I'm going to check them all out. Hopefully one of those does what I need it to do in a simple way! I'll post back and let you know if it works!
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

Unfortunately none of those work for me... The quest continues. :(
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

try these http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/top5-linux ... -software/ :D :D

Cinelerra is the most professional :D
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

Zorba wrote:try these http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/top5-linux ... -software/ :D :D

Cinelerra is the most professional :D
Have you used Cinelerra before? Do you know if you can cut and amplify? Thanks, it looks like it's interesting.
nomko

Post by nomko »

Keep in mind that Cinerella requires a more steeper learning curve that OpenShot or Piviti.

Return to “Software & Applications”