where are my bookmarks, etc?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whichonespink?
Level 2
Level 2

where are my bookmarks, etc?

Post by whichonespink? »

i've just installed mint 17, after having 16 for a month or so.[new to linux.]
i read in a pdf prior to installing 17 that i'd be able to import all my bookmarks and other things, but that isn't the case.
is there a way of obtaining these now?
mint 16 is still on my hard drive, if that helps?

also, how do i get rid of this damn spellcheck? i've turned it off in my opera browser but its still here.
thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: where are my bookmarks, etc?

Post by austin.texas »

[Opera] Export/Import your bookmarks
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/11762-opera-e ... -bookmarks

EDIT: Personally, I use Google Chrome - so I don't have to worry about importing my bookmarks or config.
You can get a newer version of Opera, by the way -
Opera Browser is back on Linux - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&p=879657
Last edited by austin.texas on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Derek_S »

Hello whichonespink? - If you want to export your bookmarks from Firefox in LM16 and import them to your new LM17 installation, first get yourself a USB stick that is formatted FAT32. Plug it in, then boot up LM 16. Open Firefox, then press the key combination "Control + Shift + O" (that's capital letter O, not numeric zero). When the Bookmarks Library opens, select "Import and Backup", then click "Backup". In the new panel that appears, click "USB STICK" on the left side panel, then click "Save" on the bottom. Now you have a .json file stored on the USB stick. Close all open apps and reboot into LM17. Follow the same procedure except select "Import", then "Restore File", and again click "USB STICK" in the left side panel. Click and highlight the .json file, then go down and click "Open". That's it, all your bookmarks are copied from Firefox in LM16 to Firefox in LM17.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

presumably opera has a . folder maybe .opera in the home folder of mint 16

in mint17 back up and rename your copy of this folder in your mint17 home
copy the .opera folder from mint16 - to your mint17 home
done.

Return to “Installation & Boot”