Bluetooth-copying files (> 100 KB) unmounts bluetooth-device

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
acerlinux

Bluetooth-copying files (> 100 KB) unmounts bluetooth-device

Post by acerlinux »

Hello dear Linux-God,

if I try to copy files WITH DRAG & DROP (!) bigger than ca. 100 KB per bluetooth, everytime my bluetooth-device gets unmount and the copying-status-window aborts.

If I send the file per "send file"-Dialog, it works, but this sends the file only to my phone-memory.
So it's necessary for me to copy per drag&drop to the SD-Card of my mobile, because my phone-memory isn't that big (Nokia 6303i).
If I try a file with ca. 4 KB, there is no problem.-/

I have installed Blueman, Obexftp, Thunar, Obextool.
I tried Thunar, Caja, Obextool without success.

Can anyone help? 1000 Thx for reading and helping!!! Maybe there is another way to copy the files? Browsing my phone is no problem at all.
I can't change the receive-folder to SD-Card in the phone. So this is no solution.-(

Linux Mint Maya 13 (Mate-Desktop) - 32 Bit
Acer Aspire One 751
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
acerlinux

Re: Bluetooth-copying files (> 100 KB) unmounts bluetooth-de

Post by acerlinux »

I dont know why, but now it works.
I am using Mint 17 now. First time, it didnt work, but then I did the following, tried again and it works:

1. Reinstalled gnome-bluetooth
2. I started Blue-Devil
3. In Blue-Devil I got 3 Messages that I should fix Problems with the Visibility and I accepted (Press 3 times the FIX-Button)
4. I switched visibility of the bluetooth-adapter to "alwaya visible"
5. Then I could browse and copy big files with Blueman Applet 1.23

Return to “Software & Applications”