Software Manager

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
spoortin_4

Software Manager

Post by spoortin_4 »

When i open software manager it opens just fine and searches just fine but once i try to open the software window that i want it wont open so that i can install it and that goes for any software. I can't for the life of me figure this out. so my question is, What could be the problem? This is odd to me cause i do not have any issue with this on my laptop that is multi-booted with windows 7
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Software Manager

Post by Reorx »

Are you doing this as a "regular" user or an administrator? also >>> what version and which DE?
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
spoortin_4

Post by spoortin_4 »

i am using LMDE 201303 and i am doing this as administator
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

On LM17C64 you have to do it as an administrator (software manager won't open for a regular user)... when you find your software you have to double click your selection to get it to open... have you double clicked it? If so, I'm out of ideas (I don't run LMDE)...
Last edited by Reorx on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
spoortin_4

Post by spoortin_4 »

yes i have double clicked and ty for trying im sure somebody will see the post that dose run LMDE :D
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

This is a bug, it has been reported , and hopefully will be fixed with UP9 coming out soon.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

spoortin_4 wrote:When i open software manager it opens just fine and searches just fine but once i try to open the software window that i want it wont open so that i can install it and that goes for any software.
Try running it from the terminal:

Code: Select all

mintinstall
and post the output here (don't forget to use the "code" tag).

Return to “LMDE Archive”