KernelCheck 1.1.4

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brando569

KernelCheck 1.1.4

Post by brando569 »

First off I hope this isn't considered spam since it truly is a great program written by one of the members (master_kernel) over at the ubuntu forums and just like (almost) everything else in the linux world its free.

This Version was just released today.

The program is called KernelCheck and it is quite possibly the easiest way to build a new kernel. All you have to do is press the button that says "get kernel info" ,
select if you want to use a feature patch (theres about six of them including performance, Andrew Mortons MM patch, custom and none), select if you want to configure the kernel manually via xconfig, if you want to install envy (which isnt really a useful feature for mint users) and if you want it to reconfigure your xserver after its done installing the proprietary driver.

Somehow this program was able to fix my sound issues with new kernels. My Intel HD Audio wasn't working at after I compiled a new kernel, I tried almost everything and including compiling vanilla kernels (literally as soon as xconfig came up i clicked save and x'ed out) and was just about to give up hope. Amazing KernelCheck fixed this problem some how.

If your a newbie that wants to use the newest kernel but aren't ready to take the plunge or if you're an advanced user I highly recommend checking out this program.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: KernelCheck 1.1.4

Post by Husse »

Thanks
There is a topic about "getting the latest kernel in Ubuntu/Mint" with good tips for compiling somewhere in the forum

Return to “Software & Applications”