TV or monitor..which to buy?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
CPeachey

TV or monitor..which to buy?

Post by CPeachey »

I am in the market for a new monitor. TV's are a similar price so would one be OK to use as the ONLY display device? also which would offer better picture quality?

ps Just played with a freinds Windows 8 machine! Thank heavens for Linux!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: TV or monitor..which to buy?

Post by lexon »

I would search Amazon.com. I buy a lot of stuff with free shipping since I have Prime. Look though the reviews. Even if you do not buy though Amazon, the reviews might help.
I am sure you can Google and find quite a lot of info.

Rich
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

If the TV tuner will be of use, then buy a TV. The display quality is similar in similarly priced units.

For a given size you may be able to find higher resolution monitors than TVs though. Then again, a 4K TV would likely have higher rez than most computer monitors.
Incurian

Post by Incurian »

Often they do not have the same suite of input options. Some TVs don't take DVI and some monitors don't take HDMI. Just something to be aware of.

Also, I wouldn't recommend getting a plasma TV for use with a computer because of burn-in, so I would only get LCD.
CPeachey

Post by CPeachey »

Thanks guys. Something to think about.
Chris

Return to “Open Chat”