Skype problem!

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tanja

Skype problem!

Post by tanja »

Hey guys, I have a big problem here...I have installed skype for a several days ago on my lap-top, and now I can't see and speak with my friends because it is problem with my camera I guess..When I want to call someone it comes with message 'Problem with audio playback'...
If someone knows what is going on, and what packages I have to install, please give me an answer or advise...
Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: Skype problem!

Post by WinterTroubles »

Hi tanja

You haven't told us which release of Mint you are running, which Desktop Environment or whether it is 32bit or 64bit.. This can make it difficult for anyone to know if they know of a potential fix for your issue or not.

Here is a quote from the release notes of the Mate and Cinnamon editions of Mint 17, just in case it's relevant..
Issues with Skype
In 64-bit, if you're experiencing issues with Skype, install the package "ia32-libs".
tanja

Post by tanja »

I have Mint Mate 64 bit...I will fix this, thank you very much..
Cheers!
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

You're welome :D

Once you have skype working, assuming that ia32-libs is the problem of course, can you edit your first post of this topic to include [solved] so that others know there is a solution in this thread, thank you :)

Return to “Other topics”