Video editing software for Mint 17 SOLVED

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gingertom5005

Video editing software for Mint 17 SOLVED

Post by gingertom5005 »

I have just installed Mint 17 64 bit Mate on my system which was previously running Mint 13 32 bit Mate. Thanks to this forum I can now hear my MIDI files and everything else works absolutely fine (at least in respect of how I use the system). The only exception is that previously I was running Kino to edit video clips but it doesn't work with the new system. I have tried Avidemux which works fine as far as video is concerned but it can't synchronise the sound and video, consequently the sound terminates about 2/3 of the way through the clip and also runs very fast. Are there any solutions to this or would another video editor be the best option?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Re: Video editing software for Mint 17

Post by 1.618 »

You could try openshot video editor, I have only used it for basic videos but it seems to work ok,
gingertom5005

Re: Video editing software for Mint 17

Post by gingertom5005 »

I've installed Pitiviti and it looks good. Like all new programs I had to get to grips with it but it appears to have some good features and is better than Kino by the looks of it.

Return to “Sound”