Sound interruptions linux mint 16

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TitanG

Sound interruptions linux mint 16

Post by TitanG »

Hello,
I have a sound problem on linux mint Cinnamon 16. Whenever I play a song/video on Youtube, Banshee, VLC and the system's volume is high the sound is continuously interrupted like if I was plugging and unplugging really fast. I noticed that this happened even before installing it when I was using the CD to test it. Moreover, I noticed that the higher is the system's volume the more are the interruptions. In fact when it is higher that 90% they are continuous. A solution the I have figured out is to keep the volume at 50% and volume up the speakers.
However, is the any better and more practical way to deal with it?

I am really happy with this linux distro and I am carefully considering moving from Windows.

Thank you in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TitanG

Re: Sound interruptions linux mint 16

Post by TitanG »

Furthermore, I noticed that when the interruptions happen the volume indicator goes mad. I mean that it moves back and forth really fast.

I hope that this helped.
oldwolf

Post by oldwolf »

If you have amplified speakers, having the system volume up too high could be overdriving the speaker inputs. Turning it down is an easy solution, as you have found.
TitanG

Post by TitanG »

Thank you for the response! However, this does only occur when I am using linux.

Nevertheless, apart from this issue I really like linux mint and I am now using it as main system!
So linux community, keep up the good work!

Return to “Sound”