firefox 3 and flash solution

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: firefox 3 and flash solution

Post by Husse »

OK
FF3 gets much better with flash over time though....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Generally it is the other way round
Unfortunately it's not only flash, but the sites add a lot of javascripts and what not and in many sites the flash may be linked from another (as does youtube)
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

I just checked Pandora. Everything works fine on my end with Pandora, as well as YouTube. I have not been able to duplicate or verify the flash problem in question. In fact, Mint 5 and Firefox 3 have been the most stable combination I have had in over a year. Not sure what Clem and the boys did, but it darn sure works for me.
Husse

Post by Husse »

And others have a hell with flash
I think this is hardware/drivers very much
akshunj

Post by akshunj »

smelm0 wrote:been there done that and no cigar
Actually, I think removing the repository package and installing flash by hand is the wrong thing to do. Clem put some sort of wrapper around flash 10 to keep it from crashing all of FF when it craps out. The result is just a blank box when flash fails. Useful when you have multiple tabs open and such. A manual flash install will just reinstate the big FF crash when flash fails. I think we should all bear in mind that flash 10 is still beta right now. Lots of kinks clearly apparent...

--Akshun J
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

smelm0, I don't quite understand what you did. I just did a fresh reinstall of Mint 5 Elyssa as it is the only distro so far that I can get both my ethernet and wifi working on. I don't recall having the option to use KDE. Could you explain this in more detail for me?
Husse

Post by Husse »

There is a report to day that the foxmarks add on can disturb flash
So if you've got it - remove it

Return to “Software & Applications”