Broadcasting live DJ style

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrHu

Re: Broadcasting live DJ style

Post by DrHu »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

I use Icecast as a streaming server along with BUTT to push the stream to the Icecast server. Icecast runs on one of my Pi's and it handles it very well.

Let me know if you need any further help.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

Download BUTT and then contact me via PM and I will provide the settings for my Icecast server for you to do some testing. If this works for you then you can decide to setup your own Icecast server.
infamousjeff

Post by infamousjeff »

kwisher wrote:Download BUTT and then contact me via PM and I will provide the settings for my Icecast server for you to do some testing. If this works for you then you can decide to setup your own Icecast server.

Sox(read the man page but tldr you can pipe it!!) can be piped through so you can really have no limits there. Also if you like sequencers or trackers LMMS is fairly easy to use and is a lot of fun. It's like a good Fruity loops.

Jeff
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

netgooroo wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry I have not been on in a while. Since I posted this thread, I have installed MIXX and LMMS. MIXX broadcats live. I just need to configure a server to use it. FREE if at all possible.

Again, I appreciate all the input.
Looks like MIXX can use a Icecast server, which i can offer to you for some testing. Please PM me so i can provide my server settings.

Post by 1.618 »

You might find a few tips in here,

http://www.penguinproducer.com/Blog/201 ... -workflow/

I haven't tried the above but just wanted to add i found gladdish/claudia to be a bit buggy so normally i stick to jackqtl when i do music stuff on the pc.
dwmolyneux

Post by dwmolyneux »

Hi. I've been trying for some time now to be able to do something along these same lines.
I'm running the most current stable version of linuxmint Sarah xfce with LAMP installed, icecast2.
I'm trying to setup an icecast media server for a local network with the option of later broadcasting out to the web. I'm doing this right now as a learning project but have ran into some configuration issues.
I've searched the web for help but keep finding outdated information or for Windows on an active directory domain (I don't have active directory as am on a home network with just a couple of laptops).
This brings me to my Questions ...
1. Is there a simple way to set it up with a frontend to test it from the serverrprior to testing client side?
2. Where do place or point to the ogg audio files that are being streamed out?
3. Do I need to make any configure changes to Apache for icecast and Apache to work side by side?
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Flumotion ?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install flumotion
http://www.flumotion.com/en/streaming-platform/

Return to “Sound”