WoW issue

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Simm

WoW issue

Post by Simm »

Hello there...
I came upon a problem just as I changed my ubuntu for Mint last week. I used to play world of warcraft on ubuntu, wanted to try the same on mint, reinstalled the whole game but could not connect to the server(at all), not quite sure what might be wrong but I couldnt establish any connection with a private server, nor log to my official account. I was just wonderin, could it be that the ports used by WoW were disabled by default? Ive tried to install a custom firewall(how noob-e-ish from me :oops: ) and enable the ports manually, but the result was the same
can anyone help me? I would really appreciate that,
For the horde/alliance :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: WoW issue

Post by Husse »

To my knowledge it works, but I've seen a few posts about WoW
Could it be a problem with Wine?
I don't use Wine so I have no knowledge, but I would explore the settings in both WoW and Wine
Simm

Re: WoW issue

Post by Simm »

Hm...Ive tried the winecfg command but I couldnt figure out anything, and theres not much to configure on wow when offline(except the .confused files), so I really dont know :cry:

Return to “Software & Applications”