installing pipelight-multi

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
remri13

installing pipelight-multi

Post by remri13 »

Hello everyone,

I just switched from Ubuntu 12.04 to LMDE last week and so far, I really like it. It doesn't crash the way Ubuntu did when I open big Excel files.

I'm trying to install Pipelight so that I can watch Amazon Instant Video. When I follow the instructions for Jessie/Sid (http://pipelight.net/cms/install/instal ... ebian.html), the terminal warns that I don't have wine-compholio installed and then ends the process. I thought that pipelight installer was supposed to install wine-compholio. But anyway, when I try to apt-get that, it returns another unmet dependency, and this pattern continues for at least 5 packages. I checked the package manager next, and when I marked pipelight for install, it told me that a package was broken, but not which one. sudo apt-get -f install returns 0 broken packages. Any suggestions for getting pipelight up and running?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
horigo

Re: installing pipelight-multi

Post by horigo »

Youp have to follow Wheezy instructions and not Jessie/sid
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

horigo wrote:Youp have to follow Wheezy instructions and not Jessie/sid
It's well-known that LMDE is based on Debian Testing (which is Jessie now), so I'm curious to hear why you've recommended that. :)
horigo

Post by horigo »

Well just because that's what i did to install silverlight and its working.
Dont ask me why or how i dont know, all i know is that its working.

Return to “LMDE Archive”