[SOLVED] Cannot login into Skype anymore

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
simplex

[SOLVED] Cannot login into Skype anymore

Post by simplex »

As of today, I cannot login into my Skype account anymore ("Skype could not make a connection"). The Skype homepage says you need Skype 4.3 to log in, but in the LMDE repository, there is only version 4.2. I know that my smartphone installed a new version of Skype yesterday. What do I have to do?

S.

EDIT:
The solution was to deinstall Skype 4.2 and to install the Skype 4.3 Debian package (multiarch) downloadable from the Skype homepage.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ron_h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot login into Skype anymore

Post by ron_h »

LMDE 201403 Cinnamon 64bit

Very interesting. Approximately 3 days after that post, I am successfully logged in with Skype 4.2.0.13, and since I reboot at least once a day, I have presumably done that 3 times or more since you reported that. I have downloaded Skype 4.3.0.37 as a precaution but have not yet installed it.

My daughter, who is a Windows 7 Skype user, said that she had to upgrade her version of Skype yesterday (the Windows versions are 6.something not 4.something like the ones for Linux) since she was unable to login with her old version.

Ron

Return to “LMDE Archive”