Feature Request

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
morrows_end

Feature Request

Post by morrows_end »

In the Mint Menu search feature, when I hit "Return" I wish it would select and open the top program in the results list. Also, if the arrow keys could help you navigate down through search results.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
markcynt

Re: Feature Request

Post by markcynt »

The arrow keys work.

Hit the down arrow key twice to get to the first result.
reoh34

Post by reoh34 »

I love the mint menu. It is probably one the best features in terms of usability in my opinion, but I think this feature/behavior is missing as well. Pretty much every searchable menu that I know of or used works this way. It is pretty much the point of a menu. Its a menu not a file searcher. So I don't see why hitting enter results in a file search rather then opening the appropriate program. Seems counterintuitive unless I am missing something? Also is there a way I can manually enable this behavior?
poetfreak

Post by poetfreak »

I agree completely. For an example, I type gw to bring up gweled, then enter, and it launches a search for 'gw'.
Huh? Not what was even showing up. it is odd.

Personally, If I want to search for files, I have the Win-F shortcut configured to launch gnome file search. But I digress.

At least offering an option to change this behaviour would be wonderful.
nissimnanach

Re: Feature Request: Login Without Mouse!

Post by nissimnanach »

I request that at the MDM Login Screen at startup, one should be able to log in without a mouse (i.e. only keyboard attached). Presently I cannot choose my user name icon and enter my password without a mouse. Even Microsoft XP etc. have this functionality -- press Tab till you get to the user names; this is not the case with Mint. This is critical for example when performing installations or repairs or just on the go when only a keyboard is available and no mouse. Thanks!

Linux Mint 16 32-bit
Nissim
Nissim Solutions
nsol.altervista.org
Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mark Phelps »

Hey folks ... posting to this thread is NOT the way to notify the Mint developers of features you would like to see added or changed. This is a community USER forum, not a Mint Developers forum.

You need to send email to the development team at "root@linuxmint.com".

Return to “Software & Applications”