**SOLVED** Why is my shutdown suddenly verbose?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rlindsey0

**SOLVED** Why is my shutdown suddenly verbose?

Post by rlindsey0 »

I know this must be my fault somehow. I did a few things--installed the ubuntustudio theme, played around with some of the options in startupmanager--but I messed up a couple of things and now desire to return to the default setup. Actually, I fixed most of what I needed to, but now I get text messages rolling down the screen at shutdown. Before, when I installed Elyssa, there were no such messages--it just went to the splash screen showing the bar, then went dark. I can see why sometimes you'd want to see those messages, but mostly I don't want or need to see them. Anybody know how I can stop them from showing up? (For extra credit, does anyone have any idea what mistake I made to cause this to happen? I'd like not to do it again ....)

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rlindsey0

Re: Why is my shutdown suddenly verbose?

Post by rlindsey0 »

OK, I found this Ubuntu thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... s+shutdown

I didn't try everything. First I tried cutting and re-pasting in the Login Window. That didn't seem to work. Then I tried removing the "-i" from the halt and reboot files (see post #37 in that thread--it just mentions the halt file but I did it in the reboot file as well). That seems to have worked! I just hope I haven't messed up anything else....

Return to “Beginner Questions”