Missing Screensavers

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Missing Screensavers

Post by georgetoon »

I have Linux Mint installed on two different systems. Daryna edition. Both installs are missing some Open GL screensavers (Gears, Pipes, etc.) Do these need to be installed separately through the repo?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Missing Screensavers

Post by Husse »

There is only a selected number of screensavers included so we can fit the ISO on a CD
So yes you can install them - I have not checked if the ones you mention exists
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Missing Screensavers

Post by georgetoon »

I understand. I checked the repo and it appears I have most screen savers installed. So, if I want a specific screen saver that I've seen in other Linux distros, where do I find them and how do I install?

Return to “Beginner Questions”