Flash won't reinstall

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
carandol

Flash won't reinstall

Post by carandol »

My Flash plugin in Firefox 3 stopped working for some reason yesterday -- I was just getting a blank square where it should be. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling flashplugin-nonfree, but when it got to the bit where it downloaded Flash, it came up with an Error 404 message and couldn't download it. However, Firefox then showed a "Plugin required" message rather than the blank rectangle. I then downloaded the Flash rpm from the Adobe website and installed that using alien and dpkg. Now flash-plugin (not flashplugin-nonfree) shows up as installed in Synaptic, but Firefox is still showing the plugin as missing. I've no idea what else I can do to persuade Firefox that Flash is installed. (It would be nice to know what caused it to disappear in the first place too!) Any help appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carandol

Re: Flash won't reinstall

Post by carandol »

rascal wrote:The answer, at least for now, is to purge the flash plugin from the repositories and install the plugin from the macromedia site be hand. It works and no update will mess it up. I hope. --- http://www.adobe.com
Aha! That's worked for me. I didn't remove the previous version before installing the one from the adobe site. Thanks! :D

Return to “Sound”