how do i install amd catalyst proprietary driver .zip

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
happenstance1

how do i install amd catalyst proprietary driver .zip

Post by happenstance1 »

I'm sick and tired of searching the internet for an understandable answer to my question; so i opened a new topic.

Here's the problem:

I have an hp pavillion with amd a4 apu acc. processor with radeon graphics. After installing lmde with Cin. I hopped over to supprot.amd.com and downloaded the "AMD Catalyst 14.4 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver" (ie. Fglrx driver) went into the properties of the .zip.part file that showed up in downloads and made the file executable. Now what?

I used to know what to do next but have forgotten :) Please do me the honor of refreshing my memory!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
horigo

Re: how do i install amd catalyst proprietary driver .zip

Post by horigo »

Hi !

You can install latest amd driver from amd website but you will have lots of bugs. (i have try it)

LMD is 100% compatible debian, the solution is here

https://wiki.debian.org/fr/ATIProprieta ... 2Wheezy.22

It is not the latest amd drivers, but they are very good for my games, no bugs !!

Good luck :)

ps sorry its in French because i dont find the link in English
jack003

Post by jack003 »

English is one of a number of languages listed on the topleft of the French version. clicking on it gives the instructions in English
niowluka

Post by niowluka »

happenstance1 wrote:I have an hp pavillion with amd a4 apu acc. processor with radeon graphics. After installing lmde with Cin. I hopped over to supprot.amd.com and downloaded the "AMD Catalyst 14.4 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver" (ie. Fglrx driver) went into the properties of the .zip.part file that showed up in downloads and made the file executable. Now what?
That doesn't sound right. I think your download has not completed.

One you have the file downloaded (i.e. ending with .zip, rather than .zip.part), unzip it (using file manager or 'unzip' command). This will give you a .sh file which you just... run:

Code: Select all

sudo <path-to-.sh-file>
I am running 14.6 beta driver with no bugs. Some seriously annoying features, but no bugs that I've come across....
Don_Pedro
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Don_Pedro »

Hi the easiest way to install AMD Catalyst is inside this post : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&t=176939

Cordially
P.
Mint 21.2 64-bit , Cinnamon
Think Pad T420 Ram:8 GB Intel© Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 2 SSD Samsung- Firefox/Brave

Return to “LMDE Archive”