Terminal crashing in Daryna XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
austin1

Terminal crashing in Daryna XFCE

Post by austin1 »

Whenever I use the default terminal program, the system crashes back to the login screen. I've changed the terminal launcher on the main start menu to launch xterm, which works perfectly.

How do I change the target of the "Open Terminal Here" command that I get when right-clicking in a folder window? I just want that right click to start xterm, which I know will work correctly.

DC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Insane1 (not Logged In)

Re: Terminal crashing in Daryna XFCE

Post by Insane1 (not Logged In) »

austin1 wrote:Whenever I use the default terminal program, the system crashes back to the login screen. I've changed the terminal launcher on the main start menu to launch xterm, which works perfectly.

How do I change the target of the "Open Terminal Here" command that I get when right-clicking in a folder window? I just want that right click to start xterm, which I know will work correctly.

DC
Actually, to change the launcher in the terminal and the "Open Terminal Here" option with right click...you just have to go to settings > Preferred Applications, go to the utilities tab, and change the terminal emulator to X Terminal

It should change both the "Open Terminal Here" and the terminal in the menu to open Xterm.
austin1

Post by austin1 »

Insane1 (not Logged In) wrote: Actually, to change the launcher in the terminal and the "Open Terminal Here" option with right click...you just have to go to settings > Preferred Applications, go to the utilities tab, and change the terminal emulator to X Terminal

It should change both the "Open Terminal Here" and the terminal in the menu to open Xterm.
Thanks, now works fine. For some reason the default XFCE terminal was apparently causing a crash, even though this is a brand-new fully updated install.

:D DC
Insane1 (Not Logged In)

Post by Insane1 (Not Logged In) »

austin1 wrote:
Insane1 (not Logged In) wrote: Actually, to change the launcher in the terminal and the "Open Terminal Here" option with right click...you just have to go to settings > Preferred Applications, go to the utilities tab, and change the terminal emulator to X Terminal

Thanks, now works fine. For some reason the default XFCE terminal was apparently causing a crash, even though this is a brand-new fully updated install.

:D DC
Well don't forget that Linux Mint Daryna XFCE didn't come out of beta to a full release, sadly. (I could swear that absolutely everything, including Compiz, seems to run much faster in XFCE)
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

XFCE terminal has a bug that causes it to crash if the graphics is set to 16bit.

Return to “Xfce”