Install Windows XP

Write tutorials for Linux Mint here
More tutorials on https://github.com/orgs/linuxmint/discu ... /tutorials and (archive) on https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial
Forum rules
Don't add support questions to tutorials; start your own topic in the appropriate sub-forum instead. Before you post read forum rules
Kingofhearts

Install Windows XP

Post by Kingofhearts »

Ok.. i need some major help..

I was extremely disappointed with ATI when i discovered that ATI has stopped Linux driver support for most of its Graphics cards. UT2k4 [3D fps game] wont run at all with my current driver.

Currently I'm tired of Linux and want XP back. I have the genuine Window XP pro CD. But, the problem is, my computer wont boot into the XP CD. Furthermore, when i get to controls [BIOS], its some weird language [with English ALT letters....]. I need a way to overwrite Linux. Can someone help me?

Please give me a detailed procedure on how to install Windows XP in Linux [Mint]
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Install Windows XP

Post by 67GTA »

If I remember correctly, to use a recovery CD you have to hit something like F8, or there is a recovery option at the bios screen to initiate it. If it is a factory CD, it should just boot like any other bootable image. Once you get the CD to boot, it should automatically create partitions and install with very little user input. Did the PC in question come with XP installed?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Kingofhearts

Post by Kingofhearts »

yes it came with Windows Xp pre-installed.

I managed to boot into the CD but its some weird language [using English ALT letters]... I cant understand what is written... :/
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

Could it be a recovery CD for another language?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Kingofhearts

Post by Kingofhearts »

nope... on the cover of the CD, it clearly states

Window XP Professional English Disk Kit CD

Return to “Tutorials”