Silent Boot solved

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Silent Boot

Post by Husse »

Please post your menu.lst
Topic moved
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Unless you h ave something in the part of menu.lst you did not post it should be "silent"
Husse

Post by Husse »

So it begins as a silent boot and then just changes to a verbose boot?
That's odd
Could be that the graphics card cant show the splash
What's your hardware - post the output from lspci
Husse

Post by Husse »

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
This is a fairly new version. There is only one later (I believe) in the laptop segment - but a bunch in the desktop segment
Could be that something can't cope alright
If it works OK for the rest I suggest you live with it - it's simply not worth the work you probably have to do to fix it
That said I'll ask the team if they have an idea - we have had problems with the usplash
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I can confirm this on my PC, but I'm using apt to update...
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

That fix worked on my machine, but I added the -u argument to update-initramfs so it would update the existing one instead of generating a new one.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Return to “Installation & Boot”