Getting Compiz Cube to work

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Getting Compiz Cube to work

Post by vinoman »

I have the Compiz cube checked off in visual effects, but the cube doesn't work. what does it take to get the cube to move? I have used it before in Ubuntu last year, by holding down both mouse buttons and dragging. What else is needed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Getting Compiz Cube to work

Post by darco »

Do you have the Rotate Cube checked off as well?

darco
Katzedecimal

Post by Katzedecimal »

The Compiz-Fusion wiki has instructions for how to use the various functions. It's not that intuitive, so it's worth spending an evening reading and playing around with. There's a lot more than just the cube to play with; the wall is pretty cool too, especially with the Expo function enabled.

http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

Google Spider wrote:
vinoman wrote: by holding down both mouse buttons and dragging. What else is needed?
uh...hold down Ctrl+Alt and left mouse button and move the mouse..
Thanks, that made it move but it's a flat screen instead of a cube. What causes that?
I have rotate cube checked as well.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

I had to add 4 desktops to get the cube to work. I works now :)

How do you initiate other effects? What are the most popular beside wobbly windows and the cube?

Return to “Beginner Questions”