Linux Mint recommended requirements

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kane_of_nod

Linux Mint recommended requirements

Post by kane_of_nod »

Hello

I am Portuguese, and I am making a project to get Linux in my school pc's. I need to know what are the recommended (mininum) requirements to Linux Mint 5 .

My schools pcs are a bit older, but they run windows xp pretty well.. what do you hink ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Critom

Re: Linux Mint recommended requirements

Post by Critom »

From my limited experience with Mint i have found it to run well on 3 computers. The lowest spec being a laptop with 32mb integrated GFX and 512 mb of ram and a 2mhz pentium moble cpu.
That laptop runs all including Compiz (limited: i had to turn it off as the GFX mem wasn't enough to run well enough) i use cairo dock which i can use with gnome compositing. All in all even on the laptop I find no speed decrease over XP.
kane_of_nod

Post by kane_of_nod »

I need some directed information please..

like Ubuntu has on wikipedia =S

please
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Around the same, though the minimum requirements on Ubuntu is lower because of the alternate install CD. Recommended is 512MB RAM and 1 GHz CPU, but it can run on lower as, though the live session will be sluggish.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin

Return to “Beginner Questions”